Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 9--Asking and Not Receiving

  Today's dare: Remember That God Gives Good Gifts to His Children.
I don't know about you yet, but I needed today's dare. I have been challenged with about a dozen difficult things lately. I have been praying, I have been meditating, sitting in His Presence; knowing that Jesus can do anything He sees fit.

The lists of things for the day, pg. 99 spoke volumes! Especially about turning our thinking around regarding 'time lines' and learning to trust in God's time.

Today's truth is speaking to me.....
   God  =  faithful for his children's benefit & for his purposes...in his timing so that all people
                would know him.
God is asking me to....
    Be steadfast.
    Remain in the BIG PICTURE!
    Keep my mind on prayer, praise and His promises--not the bleak.
    LIVING UP!! Looking toward Him.
My challenge is to...
    Be all that God has asked of me when people are mean, rude, inconsiderate, and purposefully hurtful.
    It's so challenging to continue to try to foster relationships when others intentionally attack our
    soft spots. When we have been vulnerable, opened up and shared valuable information to try to help
    another and have them turn around and use that against us--OUCH! My challenge is to remember that
    I am trusting God for the favorable outcome in his timing.....that all things will work together for
    good. When I am weak, He is strong!

For I have a heavenly Father, and He knows what I need and provides ALL I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment