Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 30--When It Depends On You

Dare: To Be The First One To Change

Living out the Faith Dare this month has been revealing. Revealing my weaknesses as a human in process and my strengths. I am reminded of the giftings God created me with from birth; for his purposes. Sometimes I forget to look 'face on' at the blessings and strengths I have to utilize. It is the very gift of administration/teaching which has given me the courage to continue to pursue the dreams God gave me many years ago.
There have been detours, roadblocks, construction sites along the way, but God has been rekindling the calling within, during this summer of clarification.
                                     For YOU (God) are who YOU say YOU are.
                                     YOU can do what YOU say YOU can do.
                                     I am who YOU say I am.
                                     I CAN do all things through Christ.


   Debbie wrote, "The Christian life is about being filled with the Spirit and operating from that place. And if that's the case, then why shouldn't we be the first to make a move toward change?"
   This past year and a half has been all about change for my entire family. Change is not always what we anticipate or easy, but change is a constant in our world. Change can be the very thing that catapults us into our destiny. In the midst of this 'blending of our family', I somehow have lost my unique identity, the woman I am in Christ. I have the faith to believe that with God all things are possible. I am not staying in this 'pit'--- because I am climbing out. Other people can stay in the miry  clay, but I know in my spirit that I am called to renew my mind, my spirit each day; to be the new creature in Christ he sacrificed for me to be for His glory, not his regret. I can pray, encourage and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit for others, but ultimately they are on their own personal/unique path--I pray they will see that God has given us to one another as part of that plan.

   "Sometimes it's not possible to MAKE peace. Often others refuse it. But that refusal doesn't get us off the hook. We must do our part, make the first move, do what would bring peace and healing in the relationship. The Faith Dare began with "The Miracle of a New Heart" surrendering our hearts to God. And now we end with the same. We need to surrender our hearts, attitudes, and works to God in practical ways---practical ways that will stretch us, even when our pride does not want it. Especially then." (page 223)

II Timothy 2:20-25

Ps. 139:23-24
   "Search me, O God, and know my heart;
          test me and know my anxious thoughts.
    See if there is any offensive way in me,
          and lead me in the way everlasting."

Ruth Harms Calking wrote in Lord, Could You Hurry a Little?;
   Whatever our hands touch--we leave fingerprints!
    On walls, on furniture, on doorknobs, dishes, books,
    There's no escape.
   As we touch we leave our identity.
   O God, wherever I go today
   Help me leave your heartprints!
   Heartprints of compassion, of understanding and love.

Today's truth is speaking to me.......
   Leave the past and move into experiencing a beautiful, content future with God directing my path daily. Dare to be brave, strong and of good courage.

God is asking me to.....
   Be strong! Shake it off.
   Move forward, plugged into the Holy Spirit....looking up, living well.

My challenge is to.....
   Continue to walk out the "faith dares" as part of my growth process. Reminding myself that I can't control people's responses, but I can expect my response to be lead by humbling myself before God, daily. I desire to learn, to grow and serve all the days of my life. Somehow this year I lost track of that simple truth. I have had to repent, learn from this experience and ask God to get me back on the right path. He is faithful! His mercies are new every morning. I'm so thankful He is my Redeemer.

Debbie wrote:
Today's prayer
   Lord, I want all that you have for me. I realize that to honor you means that I must be open to allowing you to flow through  me with your love and care for others. I desire to be your touch in this world that I live in. Make my life a heartprint of our Holy Spirit and a reflection of your pure and unselfish love of others. Do in me what I cannot do on my own."


Colossians 3:2-3
   Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. For you died and your new life is now hidden with Christ in God.

   In closing remarks Debbie wrote, "I want to develop the art of looking up. I want to make a habit of intentionally choosing my focus. I want the focus to be on Jesus Christ, who he is, how faithful he is, who I am in him. I want to surrender to his plan. I want to look up." (page 228)
   "And I pray for you to experience God's love and presence on the journey! And I pray that all of us learn to challenge ourselves daily--dare to follow after a God who cannot be boxed up and figured out, a God who calls us to follow him on a journey of love, peace, joy and real life change. Here's to life!"(page 230)

   Thank you for sharing your thoughts through emails, tweets and phone conversations. I believe we can all agree we have been changed for the better, through the passages of God's Word and the helps of Faith Dare. May the Lord bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you. I will always treasure this time together in the Summer of 2011.
Journeying Together,

~Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment