Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 21--Keep Yourself in God's Love

Well ladies, ten days left. I hope those that have followed along have been experiencing growth in your Faith Walk....to find yourself immersed in God's love for you....wanting to love Jesus more--more of him and less of yourself. I have and it hasn't been pretty on some days, but I am thankful I am making better choices which will bring a harvest....God's promises are true and He is faithful.

I have created a painting series titled, "Layers of Love". It evolved from I Cor. 13:4-8
"Layers" because it takes layers of faith, hope, love, truth, acknowledging bitterness, hatred, deceptions, freedom from selfishness, crucifying our flesh. The layers are applied with glazing processes, fresco, paint, crackling chemicals, etc....Jesus' love for us is layer upon layer. We have plenty of textures that become included. "In Matthew 5:48 the word "perfect" means mature. Jesus taught that the road to a mature and compete life involves doing things differently, viewing life and people through his lens. He taught that to live well (mature and compete) we have to make a decision to love well."(pg. 175)

Today's dare is speaking to me....
   Acknowledge where I am in certain relationships. How I have short-changed others and myself by protective walls, when I have not loved like Christ.
 Forgive myself and others and get back on track serving God with my whole heart.

God is asking me to....
   Be more aware/acknowledge and ask God "how"I should love others. Move into "love-action' on the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

My challenge is to....
   Continue to move forward in this area. Stay out of the FUNK...live and love well.

No comments:

Post a Comment