Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 27--Measure Out Goodness

Dare: To Be Generous in Love an Practical Kindness

We are soon to begin a Life Group at our home for "blended families". Our  Cornerstone church body is reading and reviewing the John Ortberg's book, "The Me I Want to Be".  I am praying it will be a haven of  Truth, love and practical kindness.  We are given direction in Galatians 6;  'as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people..."

Debbie throws out some very practical Biblical based applications on page 207.

Today's truth is speaking to me....
   Keep on blessing.

God is asking me to.....
   Make some meals for our new Life Group for the first week.

My challenge is to....
   Make sure I plan accordingly--ie, time slots with previous commitments.
   Accept rejection when people don't receive my love and practical helps---"oh well".  I need to continue to  walk in obedience of love to God and others. He is at work. I am called to serve as Christ's disciple.

"Keep on loving each other as rothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."
                                                                     Hebrews 13:1-2

Lord today I believe.....
   "It is God's good plan for me to bless others, give to others, and find ways to show God's love in tangible ways to the people in my life."


No comments:

Post a Comment