Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 16--A New Attitude

   Dare: Choose Whom You Will Serve and the Direction You Will Take.

   I am thankful I have a choice to participate in my attitude. This can be a challenge some days. I believe I am having to blog "a day after", is because of my attitude challenge toward time. Time to focus on listening to God's direction for my feet/head and heart. Focusing on the utilization of my time. If I were told today I had one week to live what would I pour my passion into?
   I am surrounded  by challenges every day just like the rest of the world. We are all in this amazing scenario we call "LIFE". You are not alone. Everyone is challenged..the challenges might be wrapped up in a different wrapping paper, but sister Lou Lou, we are all God's creation. We need each other. Although we might want to make a tropical island our own little haven of serene isolation. But that's not reality...and that is not what God has called any of us to do.

Romans 8:28-29
    "And we KNOW that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love him, and have been called according to his purpose. For those who God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son."  Question: Am I walking in His purpose? am I resembling his Son?

Hebrews 12: 1-2, 5-7, 10-13  Let us run with perseverance......

Debbie wrote (p. 142), "When bad things happen, everything we believe in is tested." Oh ya!
"During the faith dare we have challenged ourselves to believe in God's bigger plan, his greater plan, and our choice to surrender to that plan." How's the surrender part working for you? I'm feeling the burning sensation in my muscles!

Today's challenge is speaking to me....
  Yesterday I had an ophthalmologist appt. I am having some physical challenges with my eyes. We're trying one therapy for a few weeks and then another if it doesn't produce the results we are desiring.
Daily I make the decision to serve the Lord, but sometimes the direction isn't so clear. Is there something blurry about the charted course? The first thing is to be REAL. HONEST with the TRUTH of the direction. One of the options for today's dare is to believe that this present pain will produce peace and will train you for the life you were born to lead. My eyes are having to be re-trained, to make my brain process accordingly. It's going to take time, dedication, medicine and perseverance to adequately re-train my eyes....so that I can literally "see" the direction I will take. The Word of God says there will be trials and tribulation in this life. It also says that God works for the good of those who love him. I love him, therefore I KNOW he is working on my behalf. If others around us aren't loving the Lord....I can pray for them, try to encourage although I am often rejected, and keep on-- keepin' on. It's easy to get stuck in the enabling cycle of trying to help others and never move forward. But I pray that as we are able to allow the Holy Spirit to re-train the vision of our pre-destined direction we will see and walk out the bigger-picture day by day. I must TRUST and OBEY for there is NO OTHER WAY.

**Dare to choose a bigger-picture attitude ALL day today (p. 145).

God is asking me to.....
  Focus on God's vision. Listen and believe that he is speaking to my heart and spirit. Yep, that's my dare. That means staying focused on the plan of the big picture of my life, a plan I may not be able to see with my eyes but I must trust God to navigate with my heart/hands by His Spirit. This challenge is one I could camp out--work out continually for quite some time, because the dares of choice are many (p.45).

A friend of mine posted his story on YouTube (Tony Freitas). I posted the link on my Facebook
--Shauna Brynildson 8-17-11.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OFr5hxdxT4
 Check it out...he and Holly see the bigger picture after much perseverance to KNOW their God is greater. I am blessed to know them as friends.


My challenge is to.... remember to breathe....when training, breathing is critical to healthy endurance. Lord may I be filled with the Breath of Life this day.....and "see" what you want me to see.....say what you want me to say, walk and serve the way that you want me to.....for  Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment