Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 22--Forgiveness

Dare: To Practice Forgiveness, Speak Forgiveness, and Choose Forgiveness

   Jesus proclaimed we are to forgive others just as He forgave us. Ouch! This is sometimes a challenge to my sinful nature. Because when the Holy Spirit sheds light on an area where there is unforgiveness.....it is blatantly clear; no running from it.

   When I am harboring unforgiveness against a situation, a person or myself and foolish choices I have made, it changes my countenance, my fragrance, my ability to love as Jesus would love.
   One of the options of our Truth Dare today is; dare to make a step toward forgiveness. Maybe that is simply acknowledging there is a forgiveness problem. Baby steps are better than no steps forward at all. As I watched our grandson learn how to walk, it was one wobble at a time. He would take a few wobbles forward and suddenly fall down. It wasn't but a few seconds and he would be up again, moving forward.
   As we live out our lives we must say to ourselves.... Although I might fall down in this journey, I WILL GET BACK UP AND MOVE FORWARD! I will NOT allow unforgiveness (The wobbling agent here) to hold me back. I must truly forgive and move on.
If other people don't want to accept forgiveness....that is their journey. I have wasted too many years with residue of unforgiveness in my life. I stand on the truth that "Whom the Son has set free, is free indeed". I AM FREE! and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

   Today's truth is speaking to me....
Thank you Jesus for the POWER of forgiveness!

God is asking me to.......
Remember the last point people hurt me intentionally----help me forgive them ON PURPOSE....AND move forward.

My challenge is to.....
Walk in continual awareness and speak it out when someone has hurt me: they might be unaware and keep on doing the same thing (sins of omission). Be sensitive of my sins of omission. I never want to hurt someone; but I am a human, living in a fallen world. The word says, we have ALL sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Please help me Lord, to be more like you--to forgive and love well.

Today I Believe.....
"It is God's will that I forgive others, letting go of offenses for the sake of obedience to God's law of love."


Ladies,
   Keep up the fight for your faith to be unleashed--to grow even more--to live, breathe and have our being in Jesus. It is through Him. I pray blessings over you and your households, purposes and plans.

Let us walk in the peace of God that passes all understanding,
~Shauna

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete