Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 23--Put Down the Stones

Dare: To Quit Being Critical of Others

   Today's lesson was filled with scriptures....the Word is sharper than a two-edged sword.
As "woman-nature" goes, we have a tendency to be critical, judgmental and thinking we have all the answers. This can give us a negative attitude before we know it. When we are negative about life and others, it is twice as difficult to find positive attributes, encouraging solutions and accurate actions of unity and love.
   The list on page 187 is an incredible reminder of "how" we can choose to 'put down the stones'.
Taken from Romans 12:9-18, the list Debbie includes is helpful for daily use. Especially, "Discover the beauty in everyone".
   Each of the 'dare' options listed on pages 187-188 are beneficial....to others AND ourselves. Are you willing to help yourself be ALL that God wants you to be? Sometimes it's easier to help others be better, to have God help us be better......but do we want to choose the path of helping ourselves? Are we willing to put down the stones?

Today's dare is speaking to me........
   A reminder that I am to do unto others as I would have done unto me.
Also a reminder that I don't like bruises from others throwing stones my way. I need to get out of the line of fire. When the stones become too large they break bones and can kill our spirits. Wisdom and discernment are to be treasured.

God is asking me to.....
   Lay down the rocks and pray fervently for those who have rocks in their hands.

My challenge is to....
   *Be consistent. This is not allows easy for the "lion" personality.
   *Remember it is easier to catch flies with honey instead of vinegar.
   *Take all of the rocks that others have thrown...gather them together and add them with the Cornerstone. Before long, in the world we live in, we will have a fortress....with Jesus as the foundation. He takes all of those other stones, envelops himself with their intention and pain--diffusing their purpose and using the stones for His purpose. He builds the strong tower, where be abides. His Presence  resides. So instead of worrying about those rocks being thrown our way, we take them to Yahweh. We take them to Him....he can build something beautiful from those ugly little stones. Somehow when I am IN the "Strong-tower", I only see my Redeemer. In Him I live and breathe and have my being.  My challenge is remembering to hand Him the stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment