Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 26--The Humble Heart

Dare: To Walk in Humility and Grace toward Others.

In our modern society we are prone to  "me-first" agenda vs. an "others-first" agenda. On page 200, Debbie wrote, "Humility involves shadowing the life and nature of Christ. We need a humble heart if we are going to live in love toward others and if we are interested in honoring Christ."

One of my favorite scriptures listed is I Peter 5:5-7
   "Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Humble yourselves therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast ALL your anxiety on him because He cares for you."
We must daily allow ourselves the opportunity to humble ourselves in the Presence of God.
"A woman who has properly placed her cares in God's hands has more space in her mind and heart to humbly love others."(pg. 202) This is a wonderful truth which is not being passed down through the generations as it should. I feel compelled to make this a priority which can change our focus/heart and motives.....making positive daily lives as Christians.

   Again all of the dares listed for the day are ripe with opportunity. Which one have you chosen? The last one is my dare of the day: to actively look for the needs of others.

Today's truth is speaking to me....
   Reminding me I need to "clothe" myself in humility. What does my humility look like? Is it ragged, torn, dirty, smelly and not very attractive? or is my humility clean, pure in motive, has a sweet aroma and is attractive to those I encounter?

God is asking me to....
   Let Him clothe me this day....afresh, anew with His truths....from the Word of God and basking in His presence.

My challenge is to.....
   Be real without bitterness or a chip on my shoulder. Be real with humility. No victim mentality. "Real humility" is appealing and draws others to us and more importantly to Him. False humility stinks and repels.
Page 203, "Lord, teach me your way. Show me how to walk as you walked, as you loved, live as you lived--humbly, obedient and yielded."

No comments:

Post a Comment