Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 25-- The Power of Words

Dare: To Use Your Tongue to Bless and Build Up Others.

Ok, today I have been challenged with this before I typed the blog....before I got dressed.
Debbie wrote (pg. 195), "Truth is, trigger words can still threaten my peace and quickly alter my attitude. Yes, words hurt. We all need to realize that our words can deeply wound others. Things we say can start so innocently and end so terribly.....Become accountable to God for your mouth, and get excited about the flip side of the negative---the positive effect uplifting words can have." I'm so glad there is a flip side.

The scriptures on page 196 were encouraging!
Ecclesiastes 10:12
   "Words from a wise man's mouth are gracious, but a fool is consumed by his own lips." I desire to be the best that I have been created to be.

All of the options for the dare of the day are fabulous. This is a dare challenge that should never end.

Today's truth is speaking to me.....


   Sometimes it's easier for me to process out loud/on paper. But I need to be more guarded about my sounding boards while processing...sometimes people take them out of context.
   Listening more and acting in more constructive mannerisms--practical acts of encouragements. Tangibles; ie. notes/cards/emails/calls

God is asking me to.....
   Give more love away in practical ways each time I want to say something negative. If I'm listening, I will hear a person's needs. Then I will be able to bless them in surprisingly personal and practical ways.

My challenge is....
   Not have my feelings hurt or be offended by others actions/words. I can only control my responses.

Today I believe....
"Pleasant word are healing, and I will seek opportunities to use them and to give others courage to face the day."


So ladies, Cheers to a beautiful day!  Let's use our words the way the Holy Spirit is guiding us this day that the Lord has made....with all honesty, integrity  and LOVE. Lord, we need you more than ever.
Thank you for your word God. Your words bring healing to  my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment