Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 5--Not Conformed to the World

    Another day in this world that God created for us. Sometimes I ponder the messes around us and think "am I in this mess, did I cause this mess, or is/could this really part of God's plan to draw us closer to Him?" Yesterday was the biggest dip the stock market has seen since 2008-ouch! These situations affect real people and their lives, businesses, etc...  Things will come and go---there will be ups and downs in our lives. But God's a constant we can hold onto.  Romans 11: 36, "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen." These are interesting days we are living in. It is going to require us to commit and sacrifice ourselves wholeheartedly to the Lord.  He desires fellowship with all of us....not little increments.
   On pg. 71, it states, "The world teaches us we can have it all, be it all, and experience it all. If being independent and liberated is so wonderful, why are we a culture of depressed and disappointed women?"
Further down the page....."When there isn't room for God, we live conformed to our culture, aligned to the world."

"We are to stay CONNECTED to the power of God because it will help us SURRENDER our all to a God who is bigger and more powerful than any power we have ever known--and who is more LOVING than any love we could imagine. When we get down to details, part of this sacrificial life involves OFFERING our physical selves to God--that means our bodies and all their faculties." pg. 75

Ok, this is a challenge for me. So I don't have to reflect very long on this one. I know my weak spots here and am faced with them again. I need God to help me "just do it".

Today's challenge is speaking to me:
   Staying true to God and myself. SURRENDER it all and leave it there at the alter. No taking it back.
God is asking me to.... Do IT without excuses. He is my strength and desire. I need to be healthy so I can go to the next level of serving my family and friends---healthy habits are important witness experiences too.
My challenge is to.....Be consistent in my commitment to healthy habits; both physical and spiritual. With God there is no separation of two sectors. With Him; it is all one.....being conformed into one world--His image--His purpose.

So, here we go....off to Spirt West Coast. Lord I surrender my day to you...have your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment