Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 19--Live As An Overcomer

Dare: To Get Your Head Out From Under the Circumstances

Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."John 16:33

I'm so glad.
On page 161, Debbie wrote,"Again, you cannot blame  the funk on anyone else. You are agreeing to be there by staying in your self and refusing to to live as an overcomer. I realize this is hard to swallow. It's hard for me to swallow too."
   Being "under the circumstances' can become like a warm blanket. We can become accustomed to the warmth there. Time to throw off the blanket of despair and grow-up in Christ and become a mature Christian, an overcomer. We only have one life to live on this earth. Do we really want to live less than God intended?

"God gives us many opportunities to practice walking out our faith and establishing our beliefs through our faith and establishing our beliefs through our circumstances. Today is another opportunity for you and for me. I choose today to be positive, to walk in the faith that God knows me and loves me and that I am in his hand." (pg. 161)

Today's dare: Get your head out from under your circumstances. All of the choices for the day are good. (Pg. 161)

Today's truth is speaking to me....
   Shauna, what are you doing? You are an overcomer! Why are you letting the enemy have a toe in the door? This is your life....get with the program. Really girlfriend. Enough FUNK, enough worrying about other's responses in light of what God has called you to do. Pray, say and do!  I have already learned this lesson. This is someone else's lesson, I am only a supportive friend. I am not going to experience this FUNK again. Let Go and let God. Encourage but don't enable others.

God is asking me to.....
   Rise and Shine! Put the shield of Faith up as the fiery darts are aimed my way. I am an Overcomer!
Take back the Promise and live up.

My challenge is....
   Do it with Christ's confidence, boldness and courage.

So ladies,
   Let's live up, live in and as an Overcomer!! We can be all that God wants us to be.
Yes, to Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment