Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 18--Get Out of the Funk

This is a dare to live with a New Focus....oh ya!

Have you ever been in a "funk"?

Debbie used an acronym:
F: focus problem; feelings prevail
U: under the circumstance, under the conditions, under the weather
N: needy
K: keeping the fire of the funk burning by tending to it, keeping it alive

The funk most definitely begins with a 'focus problem'...inevitably a 'focus problem'.

Ps. 34 v.1-5  What are we focusing on today? We have so much to be thankful for in the United States of America. Today there are numerous individuals in foreign countries fighting for the right to live in a "free society". Dying for there cause. What are we using our time and focus for this day, this week...year?  When we get in a "funk" we worry about things that have no long-lasting 'value'....usually our level of comfort/lifestyle are at stake.  As we sense the cloud of funk emerging, we must begin giving God thanks....reflecting a grateful heart. Pray the Word over our lives, our circumstances, our purpose....believing that all things work together for good.  Pray, say and do (for family/friends and others, bettering yourself in body mind and spirit).

Today's truth is speaking to me.....
   I must look up! Keep my focus on Jesus! His plan.
I have allowed others "Funkiness" to creep into my heart...I MUST shake it off and keep my focus clear. I will be all that God has called me to be, enjoy all that he has promised for me, my family and friends and His creation.

God is asking me to....
   Keep looking up....."The race is that way!!!! Not over there.
Stay the course....don't be distracted by other people's funk--I have had enough funk of my own and given it to God, why would I mess around with more funk?  Let Him mess around with their funk--it draws them into closer relationship with Him.

My challenge is to.....
    Trust God to bring people into my life on this leg of the race. I need to move with God at God's speed in faith, hope, Truth, love, grace and mercy.  My challenge is walk it out "completely" God. Without the Abraham & Sarah route.
   There is an old gospel song, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". As I was typing this blog it continually came to my mind. May it bless your day, your dream, your focus.


  1. O soul, are you weary and troubled?
    No light in the darkness you see?
    There’s light for a look at the Savior,
    And life more abundant and free!
    • Refrain:
      Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
      Look full in His wonderful face,
      And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
      In the light of His glory and grace.
  2. Through death into life everlasting
    He passed, and we follow Him there;
    O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
    For more than conqu’rors we are!
  3. His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
    Believe Him, and all will be well:
    Then go to a world that is dying,
    His perfect salvation to tell!


Helen Lemmel, 1922

No comments:

Post a Comment