Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 8--The Power Connection

Okay, this analogy hits home with me....a hairdryer, a flat iron, a curling iron and a coffeemaker. Yes, I have all four of these items plugged in during the morning hours; today included.

   "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" II Cor. 12:9
After a couple of days of driving back and forth to Spirit West Coast...I am feeling a tad weak, not my usual self. Yes, the coffee helps but when I took the time yesterday to really meditate on His words for me; for the day--plugging into Him, resting in His arms for a few hours; I was able to walk in peace for the remainder of the day. I NEEDED Jesus to direct my words for His purpose in a specific situation. I'm so thankful he continues to make Himself known in new and mysterious ways. His word is alive and active.
   John 15 has long been a favorite chapter for me.  God alone is my source. Not my husband, not my children, my job, my parents, my extended family, friends, Bible Study group, my church...no-- God and God alone. When I am connected to Him through the Holy Spirit life is AMAZING!  Scary things come and go...dark places can try to engulf me....but the Holy Spirit surges with just the right amount of energy and at just the perfect time to work through the circumstances.
   Recently, I had a group of ladies stay for a Design4Living Conference. When you have approx. 20 women needing to get ready for their day.....Hello! Power failure crisis! I'm so thankful that God's circuit breaker never trips. He has more than enough Power, we simply need to be completely plugged in.
  Debbie lists wonderfully practical ways we can stay plugged in on pg. 93. Jesus is the Vine, I am the branch and I desire to bear much fruit. I MUST stay connected....apart from Him I can do nothing, except shrivel up; no fruit.

Today's Truth is speaking to me......
  The grape vines in our backyard are developing large clusters of fruit--slowly plumping up, week by week. If I were to accidentally break off a branch as I was carelessly walking by, it would slowly wither and the fruit would not continue to grow. The fruit would gradually shrivel up. It wouldn't even make good raisins because there wouldn't be enough sugar content in the existing fruit. The branch would wither and there would NOT be any friuit. Sometimes we carelessly get in the way of the "Vine's" divine plan and "accidentally" knock off our branches before the harvest is ready. It can really mess up the plan. Thankfully, God will use his Vinedresser skills; prune us, redirect our growth and in DUE SEASON (another season-because our current season continues without us bearing fruit--OUCH!) WE WILL BEAR FRUIT. This time we WILL submit to the Vine and His skills/purpose and we will bear much fruit...in another season.
God is asking me to.....
   Relax. Stay attached to Him--GROW! I am to allow His touch to trim and redirect and stretch the trellises so there will be a bountiful harvest. Keywords: Relax and stretch....I can't stretch unless I relax.
My challenge is to...
   Relax...I can get wound up. Blessing and curse? Oh, RELAX IN HIM...ya, that's the ticket.
Continue to intercede; stand firm in my boundaries and live my life with intentional purpose and distinction of the Holy Spirit. Flipping the switch with the POWER SOURCE connected! I have to at least "Flip the Switch". What is your part today?

Peace be your today,
~Shauna


No comments:

Post a Comment