Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4--Dare to Live Like You Belong to God

While reading today's dare a vivid childhood memory flooded my thoughts. I was approx. 9 yrs. old and can recall the location, the smells and activity around me. The Presence of God, the reality of his supernatural touch in my heart, mind and body were overwhelming. He made Himself known to my very core. He gave me amazing thoughts of hope, love and desire for all people to know Him in that manner.
   I quickly knew that this wasn't happening to everyone in my family or friend's lives. My sister kept telling me to be quiet, because I was crying out to God in joy as well as the sorrow of those who reject his love. I didn't know it at the time, but I was living out the hunger for worshipping in spirit and truth with my Creator. It was simple, pure and I was enveloped by His Presence. I was daring to live like I belonged to God.
   But through the life experiences; the tug-of-war for my soul, I somehow lost the purity of worshipping like I truly belonged to God. I transitioned into a human-pleaser vs. a God lover. Why? By my own selfish-soulish desires to gratify the lusts of the flesh. We all have them, they may be wrapped in different wrapping paper...a detour of our sinful nature. But God knows our heart's desire to be free from the cares of this world---He alone is our Redeemer. So, slowly but surely I took steps--some small, some leaps of faith to draw closer to My Redeemer, My Creator, My Jesus once again.....acknowledging that I am His and He is mine. Actually living like I belong to Him....with thanksgiving, gratitude and desiring to share the Truth/Love of Christ with others.

   Page 68 lists ideas/examples of living a life as if we REALLY belong to God.
Today's dare is speaking to me....Remember that every day is another opportunity! If I'm not hitting the target one day....God's mercies are new every morning....I am so grateful! I need all the mercy He has to give.

God is asking me to.... Continue to make strides forward in His truths: I am His and He is mine.
                                      'Lifestyle surrender'....deep calling unto deep and celebrating the disciplines of
                                      faith.

My challenge is to.....Stay softened to Him.pliable in this process. Dying to my flesh. Allowing/Letting
                                    the Holy Spirit to flood my soul.
    Yesterday's action to the challenge was to find something you can do to lavish love on another person in a practical way. I loved how God allowed this to happen.  The seeds that were planted many years ago, grew into a vine, which was planted in our backyard. The vine was nurtured, pruned, watered....eventually in due season grew grapes that were harvested. Then the fruit was stretched even further by making jelly. Although the jelly was made last year, the jelly was able to be shared yesterday and spread on bread today for our sustenance. I'm reminded again, that IF I live like I belong to God--no matter the mess ups, He will cultivate me....nurture  my heart, stretch my faith from seeds planted years ago in order to draw others closer to Him in Spirit and Truth.  I'm so thankful God is my Redeemer.
I pray blessings on your day,
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment