Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 10--Mind Management

Wow! What a whirlwind day!  I love when God is saying, 'Are you sure you want to ride this ride with me?' This is just getting started....are you really ready?  It's 4:15 PM and I'm finally having an opportunity to blog. Oh well, some days are just like that.

   This "Mind Management", is an area that is a challenge in the culture in which we live. Everything is vying for the focus of our minds.

   Todays' Dare: Guard Your Thoughts and Full Your Mind with Good.
The chart that Debbie shared on pg. 106 is worth xeroxing/copying on index cards and placing in our cars, on our vanities, refrigerator, etc... to quickly remind us of the FOCUS! What is buzzing around your head?
I loved the idea of the "Lie Swatter"!!! I don't know about you, but if there is a fly buzzing around me, I grab whatever is available and USE IT to accomplish the task.  What are the spiritual tools/principles that you have laying around--available for you to use in a quick moment? If they're available and not IN USE, they are of no value......start using God's word, praises, songs, grateful thoughts,etc...use what you have available and continue to add to your arsenal of "effective swatters".

Today's truth is speaking to me....
   The battlefield is the mind. Don't sit there in the "mindfield" of lies/deceptions and half-truths. Pray...Pursue God-directed thoughts/actions...remember His plans are for good, not evil. And keep moving forward!! That's how we finish the race.

God is asking me to....
   Keep moving forward. Someone else's junk isn't mine. I refuse to be pulled down into their pit. I will continue to pray and go about the Father's business.......not being distracted by "flies' or "bugs". God is asking me to be FOCUSED.

My challenge is to......
   Be bold and courageous! Making our home/temple; a home/temple filled with joy, love and peace. Ridding it of manipulation, fear, lies being ignored. LET the LIGHT EXPOSE the DARKNESS.
LET the TRUTH SET US FREE!   NOW, not next year, or in five years or when all of the kids are out of school/when they are all married, etc.....  Jesus is about the NOW.
 FREEDOM NOW in Jesus' name!

Finally friends, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if ANYTHING is EXCELLENT or PRAISEWORTHY--THINK about such things.                    **  Philippians 4:8


No comments:

Post a Comment