Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 13-- Bringing Beauty to Life

Daring to surrender to the 'Process of Change'is an amazing place to be on your journey of faith. Beacuse God's ways are not man's ways it all seems strange at first....yet something in your spirit seems to continue to draw you....'come closer, come closer'.

Debbie mentions, a brief description of the development for a pearl: how it is formed. One irritating grain of sand....five years.  The reality of change is that "we are changed daily in small steps and in unseen ways. This daily change happens through the surrender of our will to God."

  Isaiah 61: 1-3  comforting all who mourn...bestow on them a crown of beauty...
oil of gladness..., a garment of praise..... for the display of His spendor. I am glad Jesus has called me to live in the beauty of His holiness. I'm not always there, but just as the grain of sand is cultuvated, God is cultivating my heart continually. I'm so thankful he isn't finished with me yet.

The dares for our day are EXCELLENT!
To me the last on the list was my first.

Today's Truth is speaking to me....
   Look at what the Lord has done. As I interacted with the women at my Bible Study this week, I was reminded of the power of God to restore the brokenhearted, to pour the oil of gladness over my life. None of the ladies in my group know of the trials of despair I have experienced in my life. One of them commented about how "it just flows out of her". Well, I'll be the first to say a few years ago, all that was flowing was a river of tears. Seven or eight years ago, I was covered in ashes. I am so thankful Jesus is in the restoration business, in the relationship business and not in the religion business. He revived me, I AM a new creature in Christ: my focus has changed. I love to experience practical acts for others...a way of encouraging others.

God is asking me to....
   Not be ashamed, but walk in His fullness. Radiate His peace/Presence.

God is challenging me....
   Walk it out with my family. Keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment