Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 1-- Welcome to the Faith Dare Journey!


Good morning ladies,

Day 1--First I want to continue to encourage us to 'live out loud' with courage and love each day. Yes, I know....easier said than done. I have been definitely spurred for these two
purposes lately.

In the "Pre-reading" pg. 30 "Faith" comments reminded me of what it's
about. I felt an unction from God reminding me of how faithful He
has been when I simply take the small steps of faith/trust--not just
the large leaps. "Baby Steps" for those "What About Bob" fans.
* Pg. 33 Another reminder of how productive "trials/tests" have been
to help me mature as a person of faith. Our lives are so much
bigger when we release our faith to God's plan.

At the bottom of pg. 48, the last paragraph says it all....IF we want total life change, we have to be willing...... Are we willing? I am and I hope we can all join our lives to encourage each other to live with a desire for a new heart daily for the next 30 days.

TODAY'S DARE: Ask God for a new heart. "Acknowledging where we are is the first step to living in faith and truth"-Debbie Alsdorf

Today's dare spoke to me: "What does my heart look like to God?" What are the areas I still need to completely surrender to Him? Am I willing to reach into the darkness of my soul with God's hand and grab them together? (ie., like losing my keys in the dark) Am I willing to allow Him to get His 'mega-watt' flashlight to let the Light reveal the darkness? Can I pick up those "keys" within my heart and cast/give them over to Christ? He has a different set of "keys" He wants to give to me. Keys to freedom of living my life as He desires...with joy, purpose, love, hope; freedom from junk that bogs me down.
"Teach me your way. Give me an undivided heart." Psalm 86

God's asking me to: Let Him give me the "perfectly cut keys" for my life.

My challenge is to: Allow Him access. Receive.

Today I believe....God promises to show himself strong on my behalf.

Ladies I went a little long today to introduce you to the blogging process. The last half is shorter and more typical. Share what you are pondering. What speaks to you and how you think it might stir up the faith in someone else. The main thing is to share...trust in the process of growth. I pray we will all be stronger in our faith, love, daily walking out of that love, joy, FOCUS for change in God's purposes within our lives....not simply our own self-purpose. BE reaL!! Be brave and join in.
Blessings on your day,

~Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment